The last time we sent out newsletters and performance was from our old office. We are now fully settled and enjoying our new space. Here are a few updates on what has been happening behind the scenes at FJY:
- Matthew passed the CFP® certification examination in July.
- Chad and Lindsey were married in North Carolina on August 27th (photo below)
- In August we closed the office for two days and headed to our third ever Company Retreat, our first in the beautiful St Michael’s, Maryland. We hold a companywide retreat every 18 months as a chance to get focused time to make big picture strategic decisions, do some team building, and spend quality time together.
- In August, we also moved! Thank you for your patience as we moved our office and settled into our new space. The move went very smoothly and we were glad to work with a number of local companies who helped us safely, quickly, and securely move our IT, furniture, and documents to a new location.
- In September Marjorie and I spoke at an industry conference. The conference is intended for experienced fiduciary professionals and is designed to provide essential information for running and growing prosperous practices and better serving clients, as well as valuable opportunities for networking with industry thought leaders. Marjorie spoke on a succession planning panel and I spoke about the study group I created for operations personnel.
- In September we participated in a number of community events such as the Red Cross Blood Drive (hosted by John Marshall Bank) and the Light the Night Walk supporting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (our team raised over $2,000 total)
- In September Marjorie and Lisa represented FJY at an industry conference as speakers.
- In September Marjorie, Dan, Jon, and Laurie were all named as Top Financial Professionals by Northern Virginia Magazine
- On October 9 we welcomed over 130 clients, friends, colleagues, and guests to our new office for an Open House celebration. Thank you for all who attended and made it such a great event. We have posted a few pictures on our Facebook page – we hope you will have a chance to take a look.
The end of the year is quickly approaching and we wish to thank all of our clients for your continued business. We look forward to a great 2014 with you.